Tuesday 14 January 2014

Viva La Raza! - Guest Post



This month's guest post is by a good friend of mine, Marc McPherson. Be nice to him and he may come back for some more. 


Warning: A new blogger is approaching.


Good evening guys! Marc here, bringing you my first blog here on LevelsOfWrestling! WWE is my main talking point, although I have been known to dabble in a little TNA...


Enough about me, let's talk about wrestling. Let me take you back in time. Almost 10 years in fact!
No Way Out, February 2004. In the main event, we saw my all time favourite wrestler, Eddie Guerrero (Rest in Peace amigo), win his first WWE Title against Brock Lesnar. Having been only 10 at the time, watching my idol win the title, followed by the complete wave of emotion which took over The Cow Palace in the moments after his victory, I was overwhelmed. The image of Guerrero hoisting the WWE Title atop the entrance ramp has stuck with me ever since. On that night, Guerrero gave hope to underdogs all over the world. Truly mesmerizing. 


(I'd give anything for him to be back!)

The Undertaker has also always been a firm favourite of mine, having beaten pretty much everyone there is to beat (except one Mr Bray Wyatt...get it booked!). The sheer extravagance of his entrance, his phenomenal work ethic, and his ability, even in with his ageing and ailing body, is a spectacle that is, personally, unmatchable.



( Chills. Every time.)

In my next post, I'll look to talk about current hot potatoes (Roman Reigns, The Wyatts etc.), whilst also bringing you all back to some of the great classics that have made the wrestling industry what it is today.

Until next time!


Marc.

You can follow Marc on twitter at @TheBlue_Print

No comments:

Post a Comment