Sunday 26 January 2014

My Predictions for the Royal Rumble 2014


With the Royal Rumble less than 6 hours away I just wanted to give you my predictions for tonight's PPV and why I believe that each person will win.

The Brotherhood vs The New Age Outlaws for the WWE Tag Team Titles


I believe that The Brotherhood will lose here. They have been a strong face team for a long time now and they need to have believable competition. Who better than the NAO? They are great on the mic and can still go in the ring. The Brotherhood will lose and I believe it will lead 2 ways. They either A) lose the match and then feud with the outlaws for the titles so that they have a match at Mania with the faces winning or B) They lose and that causes Cody and Goldust to begin arguing and causing a break up and brother/brother match at Mania. That would leave the title match open for someone like The Usos or Real Americans.
I think the B option is more likely as WWE weren't originally going to have Goldust working part time. It could be a good way to make Cody a heel again and to get Goldust back to working behind the scenes. 

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show


In what I believe will be a surprisingly good match I think we see Brock Lesnar get the win. He has been beaten badly and has been man handled by the Big Show over the last few weeks so he needs the win to look strong if the WWE plan on him facing The Undertaker at Mania this year . No doubt we will see some interference by Heyman during the match. I can't imagine we get a ring breaking situation again so don't get your hopes up.
The alternative is that if Big Show wins Brock feels he has to redeem himself and enters the Elimination Chamber. 

Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt


Over the last few weeks we have seen Bray and Bryan go at it. Bray has been cutting some fantastic promos and Bryan's in ring work looks great. Out of the two I see Bryan winning. I think the match will be very physical but at the same time very safe. Bryan has recently suffered a concussion so WWE are not going to want to have him injured going into the biggest time of the year for them. I believe Bryan wins but there is a possibility that The Family could attack Bryan to make it look like Bray could get the win. I believe we could also see Bray and the Family in the rumble match as well.
 

Randy Orton vs John Cena for the WWEWHC title match


While we see this match for the 1000th time we can only assume that WWE has something big planned out. If they don't, im very disappointed. Its possible we see a DQ finish which would be a horrible ending in my opinion. Brock could interfere with the match to show dominance, Batista could interfere to show that he is serious about the title. There are a lot of ways this could go. I believe we see Orton win though. With Brock named as the number one contender for the title behind Cena it would give us a fresh match to see at Elimination Chamber. 

The Royal Rumble Match


There are three men that I believe are within a 75% chance of winning tonight. Batista, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Batista because WWE wouldn't push his return so hard only to make him lose on his return match? CM Punk because the odds are stacked against him. The authority "want" punk in the main event of WM (if punk doesnt win its because he is crewed by the authority). Funny that the rumoured match is with HHH and they talk about Punk being the Main event. 
Daniel Bryan because WWE have been so insistent that he wont be involved in the Rumble.
I think Bryan will win and be surprise entry number 30 much like how Cena was in 2008. The pop would be huge and the crowd would go nuts as he wins. I would have said Batista wins but I believe he gets screwed by Del Rio and they continue feuding when they are both in the Elimination Chamber. 
I also believe that we see The Shield dominate a lot of the rumble match. 

Where does WWE go from here?


The Elimination Chamber. Lets say if and only if my predictions are correct I see the Elimination Chamber being exclusively Ex-WH and Ex-WWE champs who will have to spend the next few weeks fighting for a spot in the chamber. I believe those spots come down to Del Rio, Batista, Cena, Sheamus, Big Show and Punk. 
The second chamber match should be for the US or IC title. 


What do you think? Let me know at;

Twitter - @LevellerLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment