Wednesday 1 January 2014

My Mania Card



Wrestlemania 30 - The Big One

Everyone has big ideas as to what could be happening at this years Wrestlemania. Who could be returning? What matches will we see? How many turns will we see? Well I want to give you all my thoughts on this. I will do my best to give a realistic match card and I will also try to make it relevant to the current storylines and give explanations as to why I have said that.

Pre-Show

WWE is fond of having a pre-show now so I imagine they will have a few matches on this. I reckon in all honesty we will see a Xavier Woods, R-Truth and The funkadactyles appearance. We may also get one divas match on this pre-show as I think the divas match that will get put on the main card, if any, will only have ten mins tops. 

Under card


I see WWE giving the first match of the night to this man. Big E has been on fire since he left Ziggler. I think WWE will give Big E his first big Mania moment similar to the way they gave it to Cena. I could see a programme between Mark Henry and Big E over the next few weeks. Mark Henry will question as to why he never went out to aid him when Lesnar attacked and it will expand from there. 

The second match should be a tag team match and I really hope for it to be a multiple tag team gimmick match. There has not been a great tag team match like it at Mania since the Triangle Ladder match at Wrestlemania 16. I expect to see the Real Americans vs The Rhodes vs The Usos and maybe Rey and Sin Cara. It could have some great spots and keep the crowd hyped. And by adding Rey to the match they have a "big" name in there. I could see Cesaro finally turning his back on Swagger and leaving the real americans after Mania. Maybe even setting up a programme between them. The same could be said for The Rhodes. 


This is where I would have the Divas match. I don't believe for a second that this will be a one on one match unless they have a divas tournament for number one contenders match on the pre-show. If they don't use AJ in this match they are mad as she is by far their biggest diva. I could maybe see AJ vs Natalya but I really hope they don't. Id be happy to see the better Bella twin fight. 

Mid Card


The Shield have dominated this year and the WWE have dropped the seeds that could lead to a split. This week we saw them argue over who was the best, the week before we saw Ambrose claims he was the strong one. The WWE universe is dyin to see Roman Reigns become the destroyer he is destined to be. I see Reigns turning at either the Rumble or at Elimination Chamber. This will lead to the split at Mania and a three way match for the US title. Reigns will win and Rollins will walk away from Ambrose. They could even spend the next year feuding on and off.

This is where the card gets confusing as there is a lot of big names that still need a spot but I think this spot will be used as a one on one with two feuding stars at the moment. Orton vs Batista. The storyline can build after the rumble and they have history to build upon anyway. 


Even though I have hoped for Bryan and Kane both be part of the Wyatt family I believe they will have Bryan as part of the Wyatts and Kane as the authority figure. I think they face off in a No-Dq match. 

The main events


I think we are going to get a Punk vs HHH match. It has been rumoured to happen and I fully believe it will. They need to get HHH on the card some how and they haven't exactly had Punk in a thrilling feud recently. I can see  the match happening due to HHH deciding he doesn't want anyone posing a threat to the authority and after the big brawl on raw recently the two definitely showed they can still work together. 


The rumour mill has been stirring. Most of the IWC doesn't feel its time for this yet and that Bray hasn't had enough time to develop to this stature. I think its perfect. The man who talks about bringing down the machine vs the man who is the face of the machine. It gives the WWE time to showcase talent on a big level and it will really show if Bray can hold his own. It can be a really physical match where they just go at each other. 



The one match that we have all wondered about. Will Brock be too heavy handed? Will Taker even be fit enough? I want this match because of one thing. BELIEVABILITY. Brock is one of the two men who could beat the Undertaker and make it look like a hard fought battle. Brock and Taker have had great matches and they even had real words outside of WWE at a UFC event. The match is almost perfect. Imagine Brock beats his opponent at elimination chamber and HHH has to bring in Undertaker to try and get his title back before Brock tries to leave. Alternatively Brock could challenge Taker just to prove he is the undisputed champion and that no one can beat him. 


Returns and apperances

  • The Rock - I think he returns to set up a match at WM31
  • Stone Cold -  in a backstage match or maybe as special ref in the HHH vs Punk match
  • Hulk Hogan - backstage segment
  • Ric Flair - backstage segment or accompanying Batista
  • Mic Foley - backstage or Pre-show commentary.

So what do you think? Let us know at @LevellerLOW on twitter and Levels Of Wrestling on facebook. Make sure and ask for requests and as always, thanks for reading. 









No comments:

Post a Comment