Friday 2 May 2014

Gunning On A New Level - Extreme Rules


About this post

On this blog we are doing things slightly differently. Once a month myself and @LoveLostGunfire will be providing you our predictions for the monthly PPV. This month its the one PPV thats meant to be more violent than a hungry New Jack on bath salts outside a KFC - EXTREME RULES.


Alexander Rusev vs Xavier Woods and R-Truth (handicap match)


LLG"I think Rusev is going to win this, I mean...otherwise, what's the point? They've built him up as some super epic athlete, and he's only recently started wrestling people on RAW and winning. It would be a major flop if he ended up losing this, no? I don't know. To be honest, other than seeing Lana, I'm not too concerned with this - although I DO like Rusev, but this is a filler match."

L - "Rusev wins. Don't book a monster to lose to a jobber. Makes sense to me. Like LLG said they have built him to look like a super athlete and there is no way he is made to lose this. Personally the only thing I like about Rusev is his superkick and Lana.This match is what ham is to a sandwich. Filler."


Big E vs Wade Barrett - IC title match


LLG -"Now. I've never been a huge Big E fan; I don't know what it is, but he's just never really impressed me. On the other hand, I'm able to say Big E has done a decent job with that belt. But he's stale now, or is that just me? Bottom Line is this: I WANT Barrett to win and I think it makes more sense, but WWE rarely employs the same brand of logic I have, so I'm not going to commit to the idea of Barrett winning on the chance WWE decides to let Big E hold onto the title."

L - "I dunno I like BigE. He can be damn funny on instagram etc but WWE don't let him utilize it. I just wish they had him fight to make him look stronger over the past few weeks because it will make Barrett's win that much better. I've got some bad news for BigE, Barrett is going to walk away with this win because right now he has everything he needs to start a good lengthy programme as a champ. Plus Vinne Mac loves him."

Tamina vs Paige - Divas title match


LLG"I'm a little ticked at this match because I love both of these girls. Before AJ lost the title, all I wanted to see was Tamina turning heel and stomping on the psycho queen. But, Paige won the title and I felt that was an acceptable turn of events (understatement of the year). I want Paige to hold on to the title. I see Paige winning this match and retaining. I'm sorry, Tamina."

L - "Paige wins and retains in order to looks strong. Tamina needs a push but beating Paige isn't the way. I think this could be a really tough hitting divas match so long as it gets the right time. Both girls are more than capable of holding a great match. If Tamina does win I can see it resulting in AJ returning and demanding that Tamina give the title to her. This would then result in a triple threat between Aj, Paige and Tamina."

Cesaro vs Swagger vs RVD


LLG"I don't like RVD very much. I respect that he's been in the business for like...a million years and he's done stuff and he's one of those names you shouldn't spit on. I get it. But this is 2014 and he's just not that exciting, to me. This is my opinion. So, do I think he'll win this when you've got Cesaro in the ring? Absolutely not. The only person who could win this other than Cesaro is Jack Swagger, and that would be only as a twist to give us some friction between Heyman and Cesaro. I mean, look at Heyman when he comes out. Cesaro stands next to him while Heyman rambles on for 10 minutes about BRRRRRRROCK LESNARRRR! Bottom Line: Cesaro wins, or Swagger for a twist, but Cesaro is more likely to win"

L - "I am torn. I think Cesaro will win, however, I'd rather he didn't. Hear me out. What if this match ends with RVD and Heyman attacking Cesaro? This would give RVD something new, Cesaro would be a distinct babyface due to crowd cheers and Heyman can brag about how he realised Cesaro could never be a Heyman guy. The other option of course is that RVD wins due to Swagger and Cesaro getting too physical and getting DQ'd. Cesaro and Swagger can continue feuding from there."

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt


LLG"I'm super excited for this, even though it means watching Cena (I kid, I kid!). To say there's been a massive build-up for this match would be an understatement. Bray's promos, the singing, the chanting. Man, it's been epic. But I have to wonder where it's all going. The point is to break Cena, right? He almost did that at WM30 but Cena won (the signs were there, though. Cena almost went to the dark side). Perhaps this time, Bray will break him and Cena will do something very un-Cena-like AND THEN Bray will win the match to add salt to injury. Bottom Line: I WANT and I SEE Bray winning. Warning: I would not be surprised if Cena won, because, you know...it's Cena and it's WWE."

L - "This is shaping up to be my favourite feud of the last 5 years. Bray is showing that the new guys can be better than the current roster. The singing and promos are brilliant. But like LLG said "where is it going?" I know @JohnTibz has been preying for his Cena heel turn but I dont think its going to happen. I think Wyatt wins this match via escaping the cage. He won't pin Cena. However I think Cena could be pushed to his limits. Imagine Wyatt climbs to the top of the cage and the singing children in masks all surround the cage as Cena sits looking broken and cries with frustration as Wyatt conducts a chorus of "He's got the whole cenation in his hands."


Shield vs Evolution



LLG - "Normally, I could have seen this going either way, but because of Batista having to leave and attend to his Hollywood duties, I don't see Evolution winning this. I would be very, very, very surprised if Evolution won this match. Bottom Line: The Shield will win because they're awesome and because Batista has fancier places to be."

L - "I argue this with Evolution win. Why put them together for four weeks only to have them lose their first fight? I think Evolution win due to a Ric Flair turn. I can see Flair showing up near the end of the match and passing HHH the brass knuckles. Next night on Raw, Flair cuts a promo about how The Shield are "no good Punks etc." Shield go to take him out but Batista gets in the way and gets put down by The Shield. This gives Batista his time off. Orton can feud with Rollins, Reigns can feud with HHH and Ambrose can defend his title until after the next PPV."


Kane vs Daniel Bryan - WWEWHC title match



LLG"Do I even need to say it? Daniel will win. He has to. In what weird alternate universe would Kane win this match? Don't even get me going on this, because if Kane manages to win this...I will have words for WWE."

L - "Daniel Bryan wins. I think this will be a long, hard match. Both guys are gonna go out looking strong and both guys could feud for another month after this. They have began booking Kane like a monster again and they have started to make him look strong and Daniel Bryan will be booked as a fighting champion. While I see Daniel Bryan winning I am also toying with the idea of Kane winning and I like it. If Kane literally decimates Bryan then I'd like to see him as champ. Yes I know it would mean Bryan had a short run but I think he is better chasing the title as the under dog and this could make Kane look like a top heel again. In the end though Daniel Bryan will win this match."

So there we have it. What do you think and who do you predict will win each match? Let us know your thoughts on twitter at - @LoveLostGunfire and @LevellerLOW




No comments:

Post a Comment