Monday 5 May 2014

Extreme Rules - The Fall Out

With Extreme Rules already past we know that the out come wasn't great for Big E. But I wonder where does he go now? Big E, or ChocLesnar as I resorted to calling him for his first few months in WWE, has the potential to be a good main eventer in time. Thats just my opinion though. Personally I think once he gets a bit tighter in the ring and a gimmick that people can really get behind he could be riding high. WWE should never have stripped him of the 5 count gimmick. It was fresh and made him look strong. Hell you could even let him be a bit comical because, as those you who have him on twitter on instagram will know, he can actually be very funny. 



So Big E lost to Bad News Barrett. Barrett is rolling with this gimmick and making sure WWE don't drop him on his head again. You can see how much he enjoys it now. This gimmick is brilliant for him. Barretts move set can work with almost any size of guy and is great for his character as well. The BullHammer elbow is something I hated at first but since he hit Kofi mid-air with it, I love it. Hopefully Barrett will keep the momentum building. I would love to see Cesaro/Barrett/Sheamus/Big E or any mix of those guys for the IC title at some point down the line.

Cesaro, Swagger and RVD was a great match and the elimination process really helped to make Cesaro's character look strong. Can I also point out, how smart was it for WWE to start Extreme Rules ( a PPV based around ECW style matches) with RVD and the creator of ECW? Swagger put on a good showing but I think we all knew he wasn't in with a chance of winning that match. RVD managed to be the only person to get busted open all night with a cut just on his cheek/under his eye. My question is where do these three go from here? RVD was basically cannon fodder and Swagger has no business with Cesaro anymore. Let me know where you think these three end up by summerslam.

Rusev crushed. Nuff said. 



Evolution and The Shield put on a great MOTY candidate last night. Both sides showing a fantastic work ethic."If you dont get a "this is awesome" chant you aint doing it right". The electricity when Reigns got in the ring and floored all of Evolution was great. Batista did very little so didn't seem gassed. Orton was showing like he cared. Ambrose was pulling some Terry Funk style ring work out and showing why he can be great in the ring. HHH selling for younger guys is always a good thing and Seth Rollins basically stole the night with one Jeff Hardy style dive in the crowd. 



Cena and Wyatt put on a good match. I wont say great this time. I love Wyatt and I respect Cena but there was too much outside interference for my liking. Also the story focussed too much on John Cena trying to escape rather than win by pin fall or submission.The hero should never look for the easy route out. The match ending was great and its left me very interested in seeing where this goes and if we will get a more violent/edgy John Cena over the coming weeks. I still have a gripe with Cena being a merch monkey and I believe Mick Foley said it right when he said "its like every time Cena shows up its like he is trying to sell me a T-shirt."

Paige and Tamina was a good match but there could have been a lot more there in my opinion but at least it was nice to see the divas get some good time on screen. 



Kane and Bryan gave us a great throw back to the edgier product that so many people are fond of. Ive seen people all day criticizing that the match was too theatrical in some ways. NO SHIT. Its wrestling what did you expect? There was some great moments for me. Kane almost seemed like he had tunnel vision and just had to destroy Bryan. That's how a monster is meant to be booked. Bryan showed wit as well as technical prowess when he used the fork lift ala Brock Lesnar. The finish, although some complained, was good. Kane falls in fire. Kane hates fire. Gets disorientated. Makes sense. If I fall in fire I know I'm gonna be a bit stunned. Bryan gets the win and Kane sits up and sets off the pyro as D-Bry leaves. This is clever booking. This leaves the option of Daniel Bryan and Kane again if Batista leaves for a bit.

Overall rating of the PPV - B+

What do you think? How did you rate it? Let me know by leaving a comment or by tweeting me at @LevellerLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment