Monday 3 February 2014

The Future

With Wrestlemania just over the horizon I want to hit on a point that I feel has been ignored for quite some time. I want to look at future stars. With the CM Punk situation and current stars like John Cena getting older one has to question at what point they pull the trigger on the next generation of guys. In this article we will look at those men and women who I believe will bring us in to a new generation. 


Dolph Ziggler

Dolph Ziggler is one of those guys who I feel is very under used. He is so talented in very many ways. He has the look and the attitude that can get him over in two ways. The cocky heel or the never say die face. Dolph cut a promo backstage this week on smackdown. I believe the promo was only show on the app but believe me if he can cut promos like that on tv then there is no reason they can't push him to be a serious contender.

Kofi Kingston

I like Kofi a lot but I think given the time he could be a great heel. Kofi has that vibe around him that he could be a main event guy had they let him go and just do his thing but they chose to leave him in the mid card for years. Kofi has a fire in him that we see every once in a while and it just blows me away. His attitude on tour is always great and he does some really good promos when they give him a mic. 

The Shield

All three guys are going to be bright in the future. Ambrose could be the top heel in the company in my opinion, Rollins will be a great solid mid-carder ( I want to put him higher but I see him having the early Jeff Hardy role) and of course Reigns will be the star. The group as a whole should all have slow builds, I really believe that if WWE can do it right they can be this generations great feuds. 


Damien Sandow

Two years ago Sandow was being beaten down by DX, two months ago he was challenging John Cena for the WHC and now he is obscure again. Sandow is gold with everything he does but he is so misused. I believe that Sandow could do with having a face role for a while. Maybe he sees the error of his ways for a while before slowly turning heels again later in the year. Sandow always manages to gain heat when he is on the mic and shows just how eloquent he can be with his english. 



The Wyatts

With WWE's ever loving need to have the product more realistic the Wyatts have gave a strong first impression. Everything that Bray says is chilling, he sounds like he believes everything he says. I dont understand how they plan to keep the family together for so long but one thing is for sure. They need to keep the focus on Bray. Bray can be this generations supernatural character. A strange Mankind type character. Luke Harper is also beginning to show himself and its a good character for him. 
All of the above talents have the ability (in my opinion) to carry the company but they all still need improvement. Reigns should easily take Cena's spot and carry the company. He has the pedigree, the look and the size. If WWE do his push wrong it could kill him off as a character. As long as they take it slowly he should be brilliant. Ideally I think they should have Ambrose win the MITB match and then cash in just after Reigns wins his first title. 


So what do you think? Who will hold the future of the WWE on their shoulders? Let me know at;

Twitter - @LevellerLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment