Monday 21 April 2014

The Devils Favourite Demon

Mask on. Mask off. Mask on. Mask off. Mask on. No I'm not practising Mr Miyagi's new training regime. This is literally the changes that Kane's character has gone through. While I respect that amount of work it takes to pull off this amount of characterisation I really pray they just let Kane go back to being psychotic ala 2003 or just being a monster circa 1999.



I will be the first to say I got excited at the idea of Corporate Kane especially after seeing his first interview with Michael Cole on WWE.com. But boy was I wrong. While the gimmick was a great idea it got stale. Fast. Very fast. Usain Bolt fast. The prospect of the monster being locked away in the suit was great. Until they forgot about the monster that was tucked away in the linen filled pockets of the suit...... They should have capitalized on the issue much sooner in my opinion or at least had him still be this menace in a suit. He could have easily been a smart psychopath who has others attack who ever he pleases etc.


Kane is first and foremost Undertakers deranged brother. I feel a lot of people forget that. He was meant to be demonic. He was the big mother lover who tore the door off the first ever hell in a cell match! And now he is the guy in slacks and elbow pads. Kane should never have been anything other than that. Even when Kane took the mask off for the first time he remained a monster. Hell he set JR ON FIRE BAH GAWD KING!



Im hoping that tonight we see Kane return in full gear and attack Daniel Bryan. And I dont mean just come out and chokeslam him. I mean mind games. Have Kane attack Brie. Girls used to take a beating in WWE why not now? What better way to throw the champion off his game than by attacking his new bride? A lot of people are aware of the honey moon, well they should be as wwe force fed it to us enough. So why not capitalize on it?




In an ideal world I want Kane to come back in the gear pictured above with his "Slow Chemical" theme. I felt that was the last time he was truly demonic so to speak. Although with his tweet from last week reading, "come home" I wonder if we will get the original Kane back or at least something close to it.
The big question is though,
WILL THIS BE HIS LAST RUN? If it is I would love if they treated him with the same respect as Taker but I cant imagine they will. He deserves to go out on a high note. Kane has been one of the best workers and has had over 1000 matches since his debut. If this is his last run let him set a blaze to something. Hell maybe even Brie Bella. 

Thanks for reading. Leave your thoughts below or get me on twitter @levellerlow

1 comment: