Sunday 26 October 2014

Gunning On The Level - Hell In A Cell Predicitions 2014

About This Post

On this blog we are doing things slightly differently. Once a month myself and @LoveLostGunfire will be providing you our predictions for the monthly PPV. This month we crawl back into the devils playground, the skin tearing structure, Mick Foley's best friend - HELL IN A CELL

Brie Bella vs Nikki Bella - (Be A Star/Be A Bitch)


LLG - "This was probably my least favorite "feud" from two months ago, and it's still my least favorite thing right now. The entire thing has been riddled with less than B-grade acting and cringe-worthy scripting. It's not just the delivery of the scripts, it's the scripts themselves. Granted, I haven't seen everything, but what I have seen has made me wonder which recreational drug WWE Creative has been using. Does anyone really care about this? Anyone who isn't a Cena fan, I mean. I think it's obvious Nikki will win this. I know I've been out of the game for a while, but c'mon... Nikki takes it. As if the WWE would miss a chance to promote their anti-bullying campaign by having a good person get rundown over and over by a meaner person. Nikki wins, okay?"

LOW - "So apparently I'm meant to give a serious prediction for this match? Ok. Nikki out wrestles Brie by miles, Nikki wins. Makes sense. But it's not gonna make sense because she is better in the ring. Its because storyline makes it look better for Brie to play the underdog much like her husband. To be honest I'm really not sure what more can be said. I have had zero to no interest in this feud. I just don't care about this match."


The Dusts vs The Usos - Tag Team Championship Match


LLG - "Err...I guess I should call them the "Dust Brothers" now, hmm? I feel like not many people are excited about this and that sucks. You have two stellar teams, BUT they have been (unfortunately) booked incorrectly. I don't know why WWE can't seem to focus on all the divisions with equal amounts of attention and effort, but whatever. Most fans know that WWE have dropped the ball (again) with the Tag Team division, and so here we are at another PPV where the build up hasn't exactly been there. I've read that The Usos are riding high with the wins piling up behind them. On the other hand, I've read that The Dust Brothers are being stomped on quite consistently since Night of Champions. How does that make sense? Having The Dust Brothers lose the belts would not make a lick of sense, in my opinion, because as far as I know, there isn't anything "better" or more exciting lined up yet for this division. The Dust Brothers haven't had the belts that long and if the losing streak is true, that's a shame. That's bigger than a shame. They deserve an amazing reign and I feel they haven't had the chance to do everything they are capable of doing. There should be a mix of ups and downs for everyone when you're trying to lead up to a PPV. It shouldn't be win, win, win for one team and lose, lose, lose for another. Shake it up a bit! When I say "amazing reign" I don't mean a reign without its obstacles. I just mean something with twists and turns and something which doesn't make it completely obvious. Bring in some new meat to the division. Bring in some challengers. Make us sit on the edge of our seat and wonder, truly wonder, who will win... Final word: Dust Brothers retain, or so help me gods, I will send baking soda in an envelope to Stamford, CT."

LOW - "I love these teams. I do. But I'm bored of it already. The Usos have been in the title picture for too long but realistically there are no teams ready to come up and join the main roster or even challenge the Dusts for the titles. Want to make me interested? Make it personal. Simple. Make me care about why they need to continue this feud. But anyway on to my predictions. Dusts have to win, plain and simple. If the Dusts lose then their championship run seems silly. If The Usos win, who faces them? Only other feasible team is The Dusts. The Dusts have to win and teams like RybAxel have to reappear , The Ascension (as much as I currently dislike them) have to show up and my god GIVE ME THE NEW AGENDA (Big E, Xavier and Kofi). IS IT THAT DAMN HARD!"

AJ vs Paige - Divas Title Match


LLG -"I gather that this belt has been passed around more frequently than... Never mind, I'm not going to finish that particular sentence. Is it true - Alicia Fox is still insane? Well, I don't know much about what's going on with these ladies right now, but I do know that AJ holds the belt going into this, right? With Survivor series coming up after this PPV, I would love to see more of a mixed match for the ladies, and by mixed I mean something like a Fatal Fourway or a Triple Threat, etc. One on hand, perhaps the belt will change hands at Hell in a Cell, seeing Paige walk away victorious, and the lead up to Survivor Series will bring in some other challengers. I suppose a multiple contender match could still be done even if AJ retains, but since the belt has switched ownership so many times already, what's one more switch? On the other hand, I've heard Paige will be filming Total Divas (kill me right now...NOW!) and so she'll probably appreciate taking a step back. On the OTHER hand (because I have more than two hands, duh) Stephanie McMahon made it clear that a Total Divas star could definitely win a belt and it was ridiculous how the internet seemed convinced otherwise. Hmm...I'm going to say that AJ Lee retains. Why? Paige (although I love her to bits) wasn't really a fan favorite. AJ Lee has the ability to gather the fans behind her, even when she's doing really odd and insane bits. I think WWE will want to keep the belt safe with her while Paige is trained on the "arts" of being a Total Diva."

LOW - "So this is still going? Oh that's right because no other divas can currently step up and be on the level of these two. THIS IS BAD. Naomi could quite possibly out wrestle both. I want AJ to retain the title here. And it's not because I prefer her but it's because I believe Paige needs yet more character development and she can't get that by working with the same person over and over again. Plus if AJ holds the title there is a bunch of new pairings that can happen. Emma, Charlotte and my wildcard Tamina (who will be back soonish) can all have feuds with AJ. Now don't get me wrong, I DO NOT LIKE AJ. I do not believe that she can hold her own. She is too small (let the internet come at me) and she looks unbelievable as a wrestler."

Sheamus vs The Miz (with Mizdow) - US Title Match


LLG - "I have no idea what's going on here. Mizdow? Really? Apparently he's more over than the real Miz, so that's saying something. It's fully possible that The Miz wins the belt and then goes on to feud with Mizdow. That would be smart considering Sandow always gets reactions no matter what he's doing, but he seems to be garnering even more attention with this particular role of his. Miz vs Mizdow. Would you watch it? I think it's more believable than Sheamus vs Rusev. At least, I hope they're not going USA vs Russia...AGAIN. I can't roll my eyes enough at that. Two months of not watching any WWE programming, and WWE is still on that. Seriously? Moving on - so we have a few options here, right? Sheamus could retain because that's the most predictable outcome. WWE doesn't dislike him and although he isn't the most
dazzling champion in the history of champions, he's also not the worst. For whatever reason, he's likable and he has a decent following. That being said, I'm going to say that The Miz wins the belt. Why? Because I like the idea better. I don't even have a technical reason behind it, haha!"

LOW - "Ok. Peaked my interest. I have two solutions for this match. Either Mizdow gets the pin or Sheamus retains. If Mizdow wins he goes on to fight Miz at some point and gets more over (however this may end with an Alex Riley situation and no one wants that). He could even claim he outsmarted Miz and thus bringing him back to the intellectual thing. Option 2 involves Sheamus winning because Mizdow screws Miz out of the belt. He gets a face pop and Miz gets heal heat for beating him down. This results in Miz vs Sandow and Sheamus vs Rusev. Rusev then wins the US title and retires it saying its a piece of trash and he doesnt want to wear garbage, he just wanted to prove an american champion wrong. END of the day I think Sheamus retains"

Big Show vs Rusev - Pride match 


LLG - "Oh gods, do I need to get into this? Don't make me talk about this. FINE, I'll talk about it. Rusev needs to remain undefeated until WWE figures out what the hell the end game is. They haven't as of yet, which is clear to see considering the same damn "story" has been washed and rinsed repeatedly throughout the last two months. I seriously doubt Big Show is the end game. Rather, I seriously hope Big Show isn't the end game. While I'm ready to see Rusev and Lana in different roles and whatever, I'm not ready enough to sacrifice that moment to Big Show. Rusev wins, that's it."

LOW - "Rusev wins. He deserves to. Yup. Said it. Rusev, after kicking the "soldier", can be edgy and I want to see how far they are going to push it. However, Rusev wins because Henry is going to screw it up for Big Show. After the last few promos I will be shocked if Henry doesnt screw Big Show out of a win. Let me set the scene, Big Show breaks The Accolade, gets up, knocks out Rusev and then Henry attacks Show before he gets the pin. Mark Henry goes heel after being embarrassed by Rusev and because Big Show did better than he did. A man with hurt pride has nothing to lose. Rusev wins by DQ."

 Ziggler vs Cesaro - IC Title Match


LLG - "This particular match has me wringing my hands and looking up at the skies, yelling "Gods, WHY!?" at the top of my voice. A loss can hurt both men, considering Cesaro has been looking a bit lost since that random-ass Andre the Giant thing, and Ziggler...well, we know the story with Ziggler. I genuinely like both of these performers and I want nothing but great things for both of them. The problem is, they can't share the belt. There has to be a loser and a winner. When I look at everything going on right now at WWE (or, not going on) it makes more sense that Ziggler would win. When I was doing my "research" for these predictions, I came across some Bleacher Report articles which talked about the lack of faces in the midcard right now. That means that Cesaro, because he is apparently super badass with his weird sirens and gnarly post-Heyman attitude, wouldn't have much to do if he won the belt. What would he do? Out-bad the heels? No, that makes no sense. But Ziggler, well, Ziggler is the sweetheart of WWE, isn't he? He's the internet's treasure. We love him and baby him and he's precious to us. Since there are so many heels right now, that makes it a perfect setup for Ziggler to retain and have a busy title reign. I hate to say it, but I feel like Cesaro needs to take a backseat right now, at least until WWE figures out what the hell is going on with the midcard. I get that some people feel Ziggler is washed out and Cesaro should win as he's the "fresher" option...but, I don't know. It just doesn't make much sense. I feel like Ziggler going through a roller coaster reign makes for better TV. He's the kind of champ I could get invested in, and even though not many people are feeling the hype of this match (even though from a technical wresting POV this match should be damn good) I am feeling it. Ziggler is like the hero in a Denzel Washington sports movie. Ziggler for the win."

LOW - "Ziggler wins. This match may well be good but the lack of charisma makes me roll my eyes. I can't even describe how much I dislike these characters. With this in mind, Cesaro loses because I think this sets up a Ziggler vs Cesaro series much like that thing we got with MVP and Matt Hardy. Imagine if you will a set of challenges where Cesaro tries to help Ziggler to up his game every single week until Ziggler snaps. He snaps and Cesaro tells him that he is now ready. Both men begin tagging together and the internet is happy for a week." 

John Cena vs Randy Orton - Number One Contenders match


LLG - "Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I do have a few things to say here. The best thing for TV would be for Orton to win this match. Cena and Lesnar, yawn! Am I right? But Orton vs Lesnar could be better...by a bit. But that little bit would be enough, no? If that doesn't do it for you, how about Orton vs Rollins at a future PPV after Hell in a Cell? If Rollins screws Orton at Hell in a Cell and cena wins, it might not be the end of the world. I mean, it hasn't been the end of the world every other time Cena won a PPV, has it? We should be used to this by now. I WANT Orton to win, but I would not be surprised if Cena won because he is, after everything is all said and done, the safest bet. The belt is literally safe with him; he knows how to do his job and Orton would have things to keep him busy if he lost this particular match (especially if he loses through outside interference). I don't care all that much for this match, to be honest. Maybe that's why I'm sitting here and shrugging. Let it be."

LOW - "Better by a bit? Lesnar vs Orton would be great provided we get mean and violent Orton. I demand Orton wins. You hear me WWE? But with current plans in place Cena could win. COULD. But I hope he wont. I want to see Orton punt Cena and give him a month or two off to go film his movie "Train wrecked". It must be so difficult to be in WWEs position. A face making you millions and no one ready to replace him. I get that but fans need fresh products in order to stay around. As one of our panelists said "pasta, like wrestling, gets stale". I wont be surprised if Cena wins because WWE have seen that that match sells but I would like Orton to win."

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose - Grudge Match


LLG - "THIS! The reason I wanted to see this PPV at all... Okay, relax. Breathe. Predictions, right? Okay. Well, Orton and Rollins are up for a feud together, right? That means they'll keep each other busy enough should both men lose their respective matches. As far as I know, Rollins has been racking up the wins and Ambrose has been the one under Seth's Power Ranger boot. Therefore, Rollins can afford a loss. He's Mr. Money in the Bank, he's got another feud lined up, and he's been riding a wave of wins AND he's garnered some considerable heat. Then there's Ambrose who has worked his ass off for this feud. The support from fans is amazing, isn't it? Ambrose has fans eating out of the palm of his hand, and for good reason. Both men would be relatively unscathed by a loss, but why not reward Ambrose? After everything that's happened in this feud, isn't it about time for Ambrose to come out on top? As much as I want a clean win for my beloved Dean, I can definitely see some interference from Orton, which would soften the loss for Rollins and allow Orton and Rollins to move into their feud. Apart from the storyline possibilities, this match should be yet another contender for Match of the Year. Ambrose and Rollins together have already brought us to the edge of our seats multiple times; many of their matches could be MotY winners, but this...THIS...these two men locked in a cell, damn! My final word: Ambrose for the win."

LOW - "Could this match be any more hyped? Its crazy. I don't expect the greatest match ever but no doubt the internet marks will be creaming over this and ovaries will be exploding all over the place but I worry that this match won't be as good as we imagine. Let me put this to you, If a big moment such as Kane tearing the door off or a destruction of the cell happens then this match would have to go last. So imagine that WWE put this match on second to last? It wont have a lot of high spots. It won't be anything more than a PG match in a structure that blocks the view of fans in the arena. However if this is the last match, I suspect we get some ridiculous spots where Mick Foley may even worry for the guys. In the end I imagine Ambrose gets the win or we get a screwy finish to protect both guys. I pray that its a clean finish because HIAC is meant to be the be all and end all of all feuds. (say that 5 times fast). So either Ambrose or a screwy finish. I want a throwback to Kane tearing off the door but just for nostalgia sake. 

What do you think? Let us know your predictions on twitter at @LevellerLOW and @LoveLostGunfire



















No comments:

Post a Comment