Sunday 20 July 2014

Gunning On The Level - Battleground


About this post

On this blog we are doing things slightly differently. Once a month myself and @LoveLostGunfire will be providing you our predictions for the monthly PPV. This month its time to gather up your gear and put your war face on because we are headed to the Battleground.

Cameron vs Naomi in a preshow "bitchfest"


LLG "Naomi wins. I don't even need to justify this, do I? After sifting through website after website, it has become abundantly clear the WWE could very well hand over the win to Cameron. I disagree wholeheartedly with a decision like that, and I'll explain why: Cameron has the "stronger personality" and I place that between air quotes because her personality is that of dozens of women you could find in non-white collar neighborhoods. I'm not being racist, but it's true, even down to her "Gurl, bye" motto. If you think she made that up or WWE made it up entirely from scratch, you probably grew up in a sheltered and cozy community without access to some of the more urbane television shows riddled with pop-culture references. Naomi, on the other hand, hasn't been given the chance to flourish into a personality of her own (for reasons unknown) but she is the stronger athlete of the two. I still pick Naomi for the winner, but I want you all to see the differences between their characters so that you can better understand why Cameron wins, if indeed she does. WWE often takes the easy route, the route with less risk, and since they've established who they want Cameron to be, it's very possible she'll send Naomi packing.... gurl, bye."

L - "Ok. I'll bite. Naomi loses and Cameron gets the win. Feud continues at Summerslam. Cameron needs to look strong as Naomi is clearly the better of the two but WWE will want to cover that up"

Jack Swagger vs Rusev


LLG - "I can't believe I am wishing Swagger could win this, but let's be realistic. I highly doubt WWE suddenly wants to start building Swagger; therefore, it is by default (it should be obvious) we will see Rusev walk away victorious."

L - "Swagger loses but looks strong in doing so. Maybe we see Swagger be the first person to break the Accolade? I think either way this feud continues on to Summerslam where Rusev needs to get the win but by the skin of his teeth."

20 man Battle Royal for the Intercontinental Championship


LLG - "Considering the fact WWE most likely didn't read my article on why unification is a bad idea, I am willing to bet my post-PPV bagel on Sheamus walking away the proud holder of two belts. I want to see Ziggler win, or Cesaro, but I don't see that happening. I also wish Barrett would make a miraculous recovery and return to reclaim what was previously his just a short time ago, but again, I don't see that happening. The only other surprising possibilities are: Bo Dallas, Miz, and Big E. Seriously though, I'm betting my bagel on Sheamus (much to my chagrin)"

L - "Miz winning is best for business. Let the irish fella tease all he wants but I'm willing to see your bagel bet and raise the steaks. Thats right. Steaks. I wont eat steak for a whole month if Miz loses. Here's the deal;
You got Sheamus teasing to all his pandering fans that he will be IC/US champ and they all love it but why bring back Money maker Miz with no story? Quite simply put THIS is his story. He wins the IC title. Barrett begrudgingly hands over the title to Miz who then spends the next several weeks being threatened by Sheamus who reminds him he will Brogue Kick him in the money maker. This leads to Sheamus vs Miz down at Summerslam and the winner gets the IC title. Sheamus nearly wins until Barrett interrupts causing a DQ and Miz retains. This would mean Barrett was still involved and that they could run a three way match much in the same way that Benoit/Angle/Jericho did at WM16. MIZ WINS"

Paige vs AJ Divas title match


LLG"I don't think AJ Lee came back to lose so soon. It should still be good, though (as in, better than most matches involving the divas). I'm fairly certain these ladies will put on a good show. AJ Lee will retain."

L - "AJ retains and Paige begins heel turn. This will lead to a personal match at Summerslam and instead of the "show of respect" we get tonight we will get a more violent and more likely better divas match."

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins


LLG - "This is going to steal the show, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a huge Ambrose mark.
I want Dean Ambrose to be booked to look strong, and I want him to rip Seth to shreds (figuratively) but I would be shocked (beyond shocked) if The Authority did not interfere to prevent Ambrose from winning. My answer, as usual, is two-fold: I want Ambrose to win because I think it would ultimately be more interesting if Rollins lost so soon; it would add a dynamic to the feud which could fuel more interesting segments between Rollins and The Authority, and not to mention, it would give Rollins a bigger chance to continue connecting with the fans in that perfect heel-ish manner he has proven to have. You know, the fans would have the smug satisfaction of calling Rollins out on his BS, and Rollins would need to increasingly become more vile and to prove the fans wrong. However, I see WWE booking Seth as the winner.
*I also wish (in a small, mostly hidden part of my soul) Rollins would end up turning on The Authority, thus revealing his Master Plan and therefore leading to the reemergence of The Shield. Dreams, indeed.

L - "Ends in a no contest. Or at least it should. WWE would be wise not to throw away such a personal feud on a B PPV. This needs to be given a gimmick and happen at Summerslam next month. No swapping the briefcase either. Ambrose should revel in the idea that he can continue tormenting Seth well past their feud if needs be."

Jericho vs Bray Wyatt


LLG - "Because I ultimately foresee Bray getting hugely over thanks to Jericho, I think this first match will go to Jericho. I think Jericho needs to win this now in order for Bray to look absolutely monstrous and majestic later. Jericho for the win! This will be the second best match of the night, probably, after the Ambrose and Rollins duel."

L - "What she said. Expect Summerslam or NOC to have a good gimmick match for these two. Also don't be surprised if we get Jericho and The Usos teaming against the The Wyatt family on the following nights RAW."

The Usos vs The Wyatts


LLG "A while ago I had predicted The Wyatts would win the titles, and they didn't. I still think they should have won; therefore, I'm siding with them yet again for this PPV. The Usos did a good job as hunters in the chase for gold, but now they're just not as exciting (I can't be the only one who feels it, can I?). The Wyatts would be brutal as Tag Team Champions, and it would (should) be a great opportunity for WWE to revitalize the Tag Team Division. Can you imagine all the teams which would need to rise up in an attempt to dethrone The Wyatts? I want to live in a world where this happen. The Wyatts for the win! 2 out of 3 Falls, damn. Should be good!"
L - "Wyatts win. This is a good opportunity to add fire to the feud so damn well use it. Both teams are great and they need better competition than just each other so put the belts on The Wyatts and have The Usos challenge them to a cage match at Summerslam. The Usos would get to perform the superfly splash just like Superfly and The Wyatts would get the win and look brutal doing so. After Summerslam you can have The Ascension or another rising team challenge."

Fatal Four Way for the WWE WHC


LLG - "Do I actually need to address this? Prior to all the SummerSlam spoilers, this match was already the least exciting on the whole card; now, knowing what we know about SS, it's almost a joke. Seriously. I don't think WWE will risk a swerve; therefore, it's pretty safe to say Mr. Fruity Pebbles (Mr. Super Cena) himself will continue on to win this match and retain his titles. The only thing worth seeing about this match will be Roman Reigns. It'll be interesting to see how he does in this match, and I'm pretty sure he'll give those other boys quite the fight. If this were later on down the road, you know, like if this were 2015, I'd love to say Roman Reigns for the win...but no. Cena for the win, definitely. Heyman's "Plan C" will most likely appear Monday night after the PPV"

L - "Tough call. Very tough call. Cena loses the belts. I'm gonna go there. Cena loses. Yup. Kane or Orton get the win. Quite possibly due to Plan C *cough LESNAR cough*. You get Cena nearly winning. He nearly pins Kane because Orton and Reigns are brawling elsewhere or are out after a spot at the announce table. Lesnar's music hits and he throws Kane out of the ring, attacks Cena and makes sure he can't get up. Lesnar leaves and slithers in to get the final pin as Kane just watches on from the outside. Reigns gets up at the end of the show and spears Kane and stares down Orton as the show closes. This leads to Cena/Lesnar at Summerslam. Orton/Reigns at Summerslam (leads into HHH/Reigns at NOC after Reigns gets screwed over.) and also could lead to Kane/Orton in the future. Or thats how I would book it. But ultimately Cena loses the title tonight one way or another as Lesnar vs Cena doesn't need a title ramification but they could use it if needed."

Well there you have it. What do you think? Let us know on twitter at @LevellerLOW and @Lovelostgunfire




No comments:

Post a Comment