Sunday 17 August 2014

Gunning On The Level - Summerslam Predictions

About This Post

On this blog we are doing things slightly differently. Once a month myself and @LoveLostGunfire will be providing you our predictions for the monthly PPV. This month it's time to grab your bikinis, open a beer, set up the bbq and get your sun screen because its gonna be a hot one at the biggest party of the summer - SUMMERSLAM

The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler - IC title match


LLG - Considering how things went between these two last time (sneaky Miz, hiding out until the last minute) I want to say Ziggler will win tonight at SS; however, speaking realistically, I'm fairly certain The Miz will win the match (and retain). I mean, The Miz is being built up, right? While the "internet fan" in me wants to see Ziggler win, it just wouldn't make sense for The Miz to take a loss of that caliber at this point.

L - Like my friend here says, Miz is being built up. Rightfully so. He has a new gimmick and a new attitude to suit. Miz has changed but what has Dolph done to change in the last year? Think about it. Miz wins this one. Dolph continues to be held down because WWE knows that the more they hold him down the more fans care. 

Swagger vs Rusev - Flag Match


LLG - It's weird how this particular feud hasn't lost steam with the fans. Personally, I'm not tripping over myself to see this, especially since I don't think it'll be a long match, but it'll probably be satisfying simply because Swagger will most likely end up bleeding out of his mouth again and these two brutes will throw each other around like crazy. Oh, and Lana will be around, so there's that (beyond satisfying). Who will win? As much as I want to see a Russian victory, I'm betting Swagger will take the win. Perhaps it's finally time to humanize Rusev and get a big loss for him.

L - I want this to be a great match and in my head I want to see Rusev continue his tirade of victories but realistically could they continue the anti-american stuff once they beat the all american american? I think WWE is too fan friendly to miss out on an opportunity like hearing an arena full of "WE THE PEOPLE" chants while Swagger hoists the flag above his head and Rusev lays defeated. HOWEVER, If Swagger does win it needs to be made clear that Rusev hasn't suffered a pin fall loss.

Paige vs Aj Lee - Divas Title Match


LLGFirst of all, let me just say that bitchy "frenemy" Paige is absolute gold. I want more of that mean streak in our British darling. I've been satisfied with the matches these two put on; yes, they're not the most technical matches ever, but they're gritty and at the very least, you can tell both ladies have passion for what they do. I like the fact these two are not afraid to throw each other into the barricade or into the steel steps. So, who will win? Honestly, I want Paige to win. I feel like she deserves a second chance at being the Divas champ; the first time around, I don't know if WWE handled it in the best way. Besides, it would feel weird to take the wind out of Paige's sails after all the build up leading to SS... That being said, I would not be surprised if AJ won, even though I personally don't think it would make too much sense

L - Logical choice screams Paige for the win as 1. Paige should never have dropped the title and 2. Who else is left for AJ to face as Divas champ? Bellas? NOPE! Alicia Fox? NOPE! Natalya? PLEASE NO. Paige can give life back to divas matches just by the fact it is pairings we haven't yet seen. Realistically though I see AJ retaining and Paige getting her rematch at NOC. This feud should probably begin more to lean on how crazy Paige can actually make AJ. They need to show that this "Frenemy" stuff really gets under AJs skin. 

Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton


LLG - I...don't want to say what I'm thinking, but I'll do it anyway. I wonder how long this match will be; most high profile matches are at least 10-15 minutes, right? We've got Reigns who tends to be the Samoan Cena, and Randy who isn't always well received by fans - It will be interesting to see what kind of reactions these two can get from the crowd, and because of that, it's a very important match for Mr. Reigns. I'm not knocking Reigns, I just think he has a lot to learn (which is perfectly okay; I don't doubt he'll continue to grow) but I'm not sure if Randy is the right person for that job. I'm a Randy fan, don't get me wrong, but I know most people call him "Boreton" Sigh. Anyway, who will win? Simply because I know The E has a major hard-on for Mr. Reigns, I'll say Reigns will walk away victorious. *IF Reigns actually loses this, it'll probably be due to some shady business from The Authority.
L - Is it bad this is one of the matches I care about least on the PPV? It either goes two ways Reigns wins and faces HHH later on at NOC because Randy couldnt get the job done OR Orton wins due to interference from Authority or Batista (come on no one would see it coming). I do believe Reigns gets the win as I thin Stephanie will be the only member of The Authority to win a match tonight. If WWE plan on having Reigns win he better have more offence than his standard 6 moves and he sure as hell better be able to sell a strong beating cause no one wants John Cena 2.0. Reigns needs to look strong so have him put on an actual strong performance because thats whats best for business. Believe That. 

Chris Jericho vs Bray Wyatt - The family banned from ringside


LLG - Screw this, I'm not going to bother typing anything fancy. I'm ready for a Bray Wyatt win, and I've been ready for that shit for ages now. Bray Wyatt for the win tonight at SS, or else I'll riot....quietly...in my room...after the show.

L - ............Oh you were expecting some kind of witty comment about how obvious it is that Bray Wyatt will win? Well you arent getting one. We all said that Wyatt would win at Battlerground and look what happened so Im not going to jynx it. Nope. No way. Not going to say that BRAY WYATT HAS TO WIN THIS MATCH OR SO HELP ME GOD CHRIS JERICHO I WILL HUNT YOU AND MAKE YOU SLAP THE CREATIVE TEAM FOR ME. Nope not going to say it. Wyatt wins. Bollocks I said it. 

Ambrose vs Rollins - Lumberjack match


LLG - This is pretty much the only reason I'm heading out to the theater to watch SS. I actually dig the fact this is a lumberjack match, and I appreciate and enjoy Dean's logic behind picking this particular stipulation. I know a lot of people think Rollins will win, but I'm putting my money on Ambrose. NO, not just because I'm a big time Ambrose mark (as we all know); I genuinely feel Dean's erratic behavior suits this match style and I feel his lunacy will give him the endurance necessary to deal with the dudes outside the ring, and his backstabbing ex-brother in the ring at the same time. That being said, it really depends on who the lumberjacks are, right? Final word: Ambrose for the win, but I'm prepared to be disappointed with a loss.

L - I want all the lumberjacks to be guys that The Shield power bombed or messed with. It's logical. That way neither guy has a reason to leave. Even better if Dean hand picked them as it then plays into his lunacy. I believe that Dean wins. Only reason I say that is because Seth can lose for a full year and it wouldn't matter. If Seth lost for a full year imagine the shock when he cashes in? That MITB briefcase protects him from looking too weak. Dean needs a solid singles victory on PPV. 

Brie Bella vs Stephanie "SUPER MILF" McMahon


LLG - I'm pretty sure Stephanie will win this through some good ol' Authority fuckery. I still think Kharma should have been contracted for this feud, y'know, with all that "what goes around comes around" talk from Steph. Would have been epic.

L - Stephanie wins. Why? Because if Brie wins then where does it leave her? Oh that's right. In a job where Stephanie is her boss. But seriously Stephanie wins and I will call heel turn. Nikki turns heel. And yes it makes sense. Nikki turns because she gets sick of being a pawn for Stephanie and she sees everything as being Bries fault. This can also still have Stephanie involved as she can pull strings and twist things as much as she wants. Anyone else beginning to feel this feud was just a way for all of us to keep Daniel Bryan in the back of our minds?

Brock Lesnar vs John Cena - WWEWHC title match


LLG - I want Lesnar to win this match, and he better good on his promises - I expect to see blood, urine and vomit! The problem with trying to predict the outcome of this match is as follows: even if Cena takes the beating of all beatings, you know how he rolls, and WWE loves giving Cena PPV wins. It's very easy to find logic in Lesnar winning this match, but it's also very easy to say WWE will leave the straps on Cena. Lesnar should win this. Sure, he's a part-timer, but I honestly give zero fucks what people say about him. The guy is a legitimate athlete and he brings a ferocity others are lacking. He's a huge draw, and it would be wise to capitalize on that, especially since he is The One...
Final word: Lesnar for the win, but I am obviously prepared for a Cena win

L - The only way Lesnar is allowed to lose this match in my eyes is by DQ or by doctors decision. A lot of people are worried that if Lesnar is champ he wont be at shows or PPVs etc. Well thats bull semen and we can worry about that if it happens. Logically they put the belts on Lesnar. If they don't they need to have a damn good reason as to why. I don't see Rollins cashing in on Lesnar so don't look for it to happen. Cena is obviously the go to guy for title holding etc but there is logic in that too. This, however, should be Brocks night. Much like LLG here I am prepared for a Cena win but I think Lesnar will win but not leave as champ. 

So what do you think? Let us know your predictions by getting in touch on twitter at @Lovelostgunfire and @LevellerLOW












No comments:

Post a Comment