Sunday 2 June 2013

This week in wrestling - (27th May - 3rd June)


So this week in wrestling we saw (be prepared for spoilers if you havent been keeping up)

RAW


  • Paul Heyman accept Chris Jericho's match on behalf of CM Punk
  • Cena vs Curtis Axel in a non title match
  • The stipulations change for the WWE championship match at Payback
  • Del Rio vs Langston
  • D'Bry continue calling himself the weak link and trying to prove himself
  • Kofi vs Ambrose
  • Barrett vs Fandango with Miz as special guess ref
  • Tons of Funk and Khali (I REFUSE TO CALL HIM GREAT) vs 3MB
  • Kaitlyn and Natalya vs The Bella Twins
  • Bret Hart Appreciation Night
  • Shawn Michaels Appreciation Night 
  • Randy Orton and Sheamus vs The Rhode Scholars

Main Event 


  • Barrett vs Sheamus in a non title match
  • Justin Gabriel vs Antonio Cesaro
  • Tons of Funk and R-truth vs 3MB

Impact Wrestling - Go home show before Slammiversary


  • Team 3D vs Sting and Joseph Parks
  • Kurt Ange bitches about AJ Styles
  • Samoa Joe and Magnus save Dixie Carter from the Aces and Eights
  • Bad Influence, Bobby Roode and Austin Aries vs Chavo, Hernandez, James Storm and Gunner
  • Kenny King & Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell & Chris Sabin
  • Ken Anderson vs AJ Styles

Smackdown

  • Kane vs Seth Rollins
  • Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns
  • Ryback vs Kofi Kingston
  • Sin Cara vs Curtis Axel
  • Del Rio vs Big E
  • Cody Rhodes vs Chris Jericho
  • Randy Orton vs Dean Ambrose in a non title match



TOP 5 RUMOURS OF THE WEEK


5. Dolph Ziggler still not cleared for ring work.
4. Batista is Dixie Carters big signing
3. Mark Henry getting heat backstage
2. Stipulations changed in WWE championship match due to Vince McMahon wanting Cena to have "epic" moments at this point in his career
1. That we will see a more serious Chris Jericho from now on

Now im not one to go for rumours but I have researched number 4 and I can 100% confirm that its not going to be Batista as he is filming in London for "Guardians of the galaxy." He also stated on twitter, " I am a WWE guy to the core."

The Mark Henry heat is due to him taking time of due to his shoulder injury that has been nagging at him. Apparently the plan was to have Henry turn face and go against Big E but this new apparent heat is the possible reason as to why we saw Big E ignore AJ Lee after his match on RAW this week.

Vince McMahon has done something clever in my opinion. He has changed the stipulations of the WWE championship match from an ambulance match to a three stages of hell match. The first fall is a Lumberjack match, the second a tables match and the third is the ambulance match. This idea isn't as crazy as it seems. Vince wants Cena to get some big moments so that this stage of his career is more exciting. Maybe it will take away some of the heat from the crowds but who knows right? But the problem I see with this is either Cena loses the belt after just a two month run or Ryback loses yet another PPV. So bury a title run or bury a superstar? I know which I would pick. 


My highlights of the week 

The Wyatt Family Promo/Vignette - Oh thank the lord its about time. If you havent already seen Bray Wyatt or the Family down in NXT go and check them out. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBUEUvIRB28



These guys will be amazing on the main roster. I have waited for so long. I love the character of Bray Wyatt. Its a very imposing role and even trying to think that this guy was Husky Harris is weird. The Family are huge and Bray plays an amazing father figure, the role in someways reminds me of Raven and the gathering but on a much bigger and more powerful scale. 


Kofi Kingston gets destroyed

Let me make this clear, I DO NOT HATE KOFI. I think Kofi is a great performer but he needed space to go and develop his character some how and I believe this time off is perfect for it.  Ryback destroyed Kofi on Smackdown and now he is "injured." Im not sure if its kayfabe or not but even so. This is great as it made Ryback look like a machine like he should be and Kofi gets space (you will see what I mean in a minute.)
Just like Dolph, Kofi is one of the future stars and I know a lot of people would disagree but everyone has to start somewhere. Given the right character adjustments I believe Kofi and Dolph can be the next generations Cena vs Orton. 

How I would book him returning; I have been saying for months Kofi needed to be side lined. I would have this time to have him work out a bit and develop his aggression. I imagine that Ryback and Cena will feud up until SummerSlam and it will probably be a no-DQ style match or a gimmick match. I would have Kofi walk out during the main event and attack either just Ryback and remain face (this im not fond of but its an option) or have him use a chair and destroy Cena and Ryback, casually grab a mic and stare straight down the camera and say, "Do I Have Your Attention Now?" This of course would turn him heel/anti-hero and could make him fresh again. 
Now before anyone says that there is too many heels I realise there is Dolph, Lesnar, The Shield, Swagger, 3MB, PTP and a bunch of others but how many do you see remaining heels after SummerSlam. Dolph gets huge pops no matter where he is, Punk will come back and get a massive pop (possibly the biggest of the year as its in his hometown he is due to return), Big Show flip flops, Big E is supposably turning face. 
Kofi has been "wronged" so to say by so many he would at least  have motive as well. 

Now of course that is just fantasy booking and WWE would never follow it up. Evan Bourne is due to return soon and Kofi has just been sidelined so I imagine they could try and put them back together as AirBoom again and push the tag teams.


Suicide
For those of you who dont know, Suicide is the masked character in the TNA x-division and is in my opinion a good addition to the division. There have been several men under the mask including Kaz and Chris Daniels so when I saw this;

http://www.wrestling101.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tna-kazarian-suicide-christopher-daniels.jpg

I was a little excited. Now it turns out its TJ Perkins who is under the mask this time and I must say I am impressed. This guy could make a full time run out of playing the character. He  is very tight in the ring and his movements are very fluid. I LIKE. WELL DONE TNA.


CM PUNK, WHERE TO GO?

This week Heyman accepted Y2J's offer of a match at Payback on behalf of CM Punk. I want to know where you see this going and what you invision happening.
Personally I believe that Heyman and Punk will split shortly and it will cause Heyman to tell Lesnar to attack Punk. This could lead to a match at SummerSlam.
There was a lot of hints that Y2J could become a Heyman guy. There is also talk of a more serious Y2J character so who knows.

Let me know what you think.
I want to hear your thoughts and ideas on any topics you have.

How can I improve my blogs, what can I add to these blogs to improve your reading.

See you next week and keep an eye out for the things I have said.


Leveller




No comments:

Post a Comment